I take for granted that if you have been on this blog before, you know that the Pai Camellia and Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser is a staple in my skincare routine. I mentioned it in my monthly favorites, skincare routines, etc. However, when a few days ago a lovely reader asked me which cleanser I recommended for her sensitive skin, I searched my own blog looking for a review of this cleanser to point her to, and I could not find it! I couldn’t believe that I did not write more about it. I am currently on my third bottle of it and still very much in love with it. Here are some of the reasons why:
– The texture is lovely. It has a soft, creamy consistency (similar to a lotion, but not as runny) that is very easy to spread on my face and massage. It does not foam, (foaming cleansers can be drying).
– It does not have a strong fragrance. Only a subtle floral scent.
– It is excellent at breaking down makeup. I have tried to use it with heavy makeup (waterproof mascara included) and it worked great, except that I had to use quite a bit more product than usual. Therefore, when I wear more makeup I first cleanse with some oil and then use two pumps of this cleanser to remove all the residue of oil left on my face.
– Speaking of removing product, I find this cleanser very easy to remove. I dampen a soft washcloth with warm water and gently wipe my face with it.
– It leaves the skin very hydrated, without feeling/looking greasy, sticky, or anything like that. Just soft and clean.
aqua, camellia sinensis seed oil*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, cetearyl alcohol, vegetable glycerine*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter* , cetearyl glucoside, rosa damascena (rose otto) oil*, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) oil*, lavandula officinalis (lavender) flower oil*, litsea cubeba fruit oil* – may chang oil, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin e), sodium lauroyl lactylate, sodium anisate, sodium levulinate, lactic acid, glyceryl stearate citrate
*Certified Organic. Soil Association Certified. Suitable for Vegans
This product is free from irritating chemicals and ingredients including: alcohol (ethyl alcohols & alcohol denat), artificial fragrances, detergents (detergents including Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Decyl Glucoside), formaldehyde (including sodium hydroxymethylglycinate), parabens (including japanese honeysuckle), phenoxyethanol and propylene glycol.
If you are looking for a gentle, effective cleanser that does not dry the skin nor leave it oily/greasy, this is definitely a great option. The travel size is very affordable, so you could try that one first if you are uncertain about committing to the full size. If you have tried it, please share your experience in the comments section below, I would love to know how this cleanser has worked for you!
PS – Pai Eye Cream is back in stock and the new tubes contain more product than before! You can read my review of the eye cream here.